Instructions for authors
The official language of the conference is English. Translation will not be provided.
How to submit your presentation
- Please come to the Speaker’s Ready Room at least 2 hours before the beginning of your session.
- In case your speech has been scheduled for morning session please come to the Speakers’ Ready Room one day before the day of your presentation.
Opening hours of the Speakers’ Ready Room
Thursday, May 31, 2018:
Friday, June 1, 2018:
In order to avoid any problems with your presentation, please make sure it fulfils the necessary needs, and read carefully the instructions below.
How to prepare your presentation
- Please use the Microsoft PowerPoint 97–2007, 2010* or 2013* (*.ppt) or (*pptx), to guarantee they will work properly on an on-site PC.
- Please prepare you presentation in 16:9 format (screen are in format 16:9).
- We recommend you to save your PowerPoint presentation using PPT(X) format instead of PPS.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee the quality of Macintosh-based presentations; please check in advance (3 hours before your session starts) their Windows compatibility. Please note the Presentation System used during the Congress also support the PDF presentations.
- JPG images are the preferred file format for inserted images.
- GIF, PNG or BMP formats will be accepted as well.
- Images inserted into PowerPoint are embedded into the presentations. Images that are created at a dpi setting higher than 300 dpi are not necessary and will only increase the file size of your presentation. Try to avoid overloading your presentation with unnecessary images.
- In case you have any videos in your presentation – please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally WMV and AVI format should work with no difficulties.
- Only fonts included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout / style of the presentation.
- Suggested fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma, Calibri.
- If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation by choosing the right option when saving your presentation, see details below:
- Click on “File”, then “Save As”
- Check the “Tools” menu and select “Embed True Type Fonts”
How to save and submit your presentation
- Please save your presentation in one of the following disc or medium:
- CD-ROM (CD-R/RW), DVD-ROM (DVD±R/RW)
- USB flash drive
- Save all files associated with your presentation (PowerPoint file, movie/video files, etc.) to one folder/location.
- In case you are presenting more than one presentation during the Symposium, save different presentations to different folders and name them clearly to avoid on-site misunderstandings and problems.
- Always make a backup copy of your presentation and save it on a different portable disc or medium than the original presentation.
When your session is over, your presentation will be deleted from all computers, no copies or backups will be made. Your own computer for the presentation will not be accepted. All speakers are requested to keep the time of their presentation.